Careers At VMCH
Job no: 499393
Work type: Part time
Categories: Community Services, Disability Services
- Part time position 3 days / week based in Ararat
- Fun and friendly team with supportive management
- Rapidly growing NFP + Attractive salary packaging benefits + Pool car access
About the role
We are currently seeking a vibrant, proactive and motivated Support Coordinator to join our amazing team by assisting a diverse client group across various locations based in Ararat.
In this dynamic role you will be providing coordination and transition support for NDIS individuals, formalising individualised support plans based on individuals NDIS goals, by researching and engaging informal and main stream services, providers and suppliers to support the participant to achieve their goals.
- You will be working closely with set clients to identify their needs and personalise support by ensuring they are receiving appropriate services within the scope of their NDIS plan
- Locate, coordinate, manage and facilitate a range of specialised support providers to meet identified needs
- Work collaboratively with clients, families, providers and other stakeholders
- Promoting and fostering independent decision-making, including choice and control.
Skills & experience
- A relevant qualification in Disability or Community/Social Services
- Demonstrated knowledge of the NDIS, and what it means for customers and organisations.
- High level problem solving skills, communication with a compassionate approach
- Current Driver’s License, Police check, Working with Children’s Check.
As an employee of VMCH you will be provided with ongoing personal and professional development, career pathways opportunities, a positive and supportive workplace culture and excellent salary packaging benefits.
VMCH are a Catholic not-for-profit organisation, providing services including affordable housing, residential aged care, retirement living, community and disability services and specialist education to 7,600 people across Victoria. We operate in over 50 locations, have 2,600+ employees and over 600 volunteers maintaining our 24/7 service to vulnerable people across Victoria.
If you meet the above criteria and are passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives, we would love to hear from you!
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of work rights, an Australian Criminal History Check, Evidence of 2020 Flu Vaccination and a Victorian Employee Working with Children Check. You may also be required to supply an International Police Check.
We do not accept unsolicited applications, resumes and phone calls from recruitment agencies
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time