Careers At VMCH
Job no: 499397
Work type: Full time
Categories: Healthcare & Nursing, Community Services, Disability Services
- Deliver evidence based therapy to children and their families
- Fun and friendly team with supportive management, flexible work arrangements
- Competitive salary packaging bench-marked to industry standards
About the role
We're seeking an energetic and results oriented Speech Pathologist to join a multidisciplinary and talented team of Speech Pathologists Occupational Therapists, Music Therapists, Special Educators, Psychologists & Early Childhood Intervention Services.
To be successful, you will be suitably qualified and experienced in providing assessment and therapy to a broad range of clients and use a family-centered and strengths-based approach, as well as a proven ability to work effectively with community service providers.
You will have experience in and enjoy working with children and their families. Be open to delivering evidence-based therapy within a range of environments including our ECIS (Early Childhood Intervention Services) Centre, family homes, early childhood settings, schools, and providing services via tele practice.
Some of your tasks will include the following:
- Provide support services to children and their families
- Work in multiple settings including schools, homes, office or out in the general community.
- Consult and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in order for clients to achieve their goals.
- Work collaboratively with clients, families, providers and other stakeholders to meet the needs of the child and their goals.
- Assist in preparing children for their next educational environment and provide support to other key stakeholders.
Skills & experience
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Speech-Pathology and current registration of Speech Pathology Australia
- A basic level of understanding about the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- High level problem solving skills, communication with a compassionate approach
- Experience or keen interest in working with children who have a disability and developmental delays and their families
- Current Driver’s License, Police check, Working with Children’s Check.
As an employee of VMCH you will be provided with ongoing personal and professional development, career pathways opportunities, a positive and supportive workplace culture and excellent salary packaging benefits.
VMCH are a Catholic not-for-profit organisation, providing services including affordable housing, residential aged care, retirement living, community and disability services and specialist education to 7,600 people across Victoria. We operate in over 50 locations, have 2,600+ employees and over 600 volunteers maintaining our 24/7 service to vulnerable people across Victoria.
If you meet the above criteria and are passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives, we would love to hear from you!
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of work rights, an Australian Criminal History Check, Evidence of 2020 Flu Vaccination and a Victorian Employee Working with Children Check. You may also be required to supply an International Police Check.
We do not accept unsolicited applications, resumes and phone calls from recruitment agencies
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time